Friday, November 29, 2013

Masked Archer of the Apocalypse

I've painted up a pretty decent miniature for my character "The Masked Archer of the Apocalypse" and even painted in a little mask for him.   I think this may be the first time I've ever bought and painted a miniature specifically for a character.   I always buy and paint from a GM's perspective, looking to provide things that can be used for a vast variety of purposes. 

I've also been thinking about changing the Masked Archer from a Thief to an Assassin:

Both have the same to hits, both get backstab and move silently/hide in shadows

Advantages to Thief:  locks, traps, hear noise, climb walls and pick pockets.  10% XP bonus, and faster XP track.

Advantages to Assassin:  damage bonus, more cleaves, can wear heavier armor if desired, may use shield, d6 hit points instead of d4.

It seems more and more desirable to make the switch.   I know the rest of the party would like having a dancing trap-monkey/chest opener.  But, the assassin would be more useful in a fight overall.

4 comments:

  1. I'd be more inclined for the assassin instead of the thief, especially with the thief's D4 hit dice. You'll be doing sneaky-sneaky stuff, and getting caught, it's nicer with the slightly higher HP total. Also, basically every thief I've ever run has pretty much only ever used the stealth stuff anyways. Plus, with the assassin, you get your proficiencies at a better rate. Backstab + sniper prof + missile weapon = ranged backstabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you've named him and even painted a special miniature for him, isn't it inevitable that he'll die on the first adventure out? Probably being ravaged by big ass-badgers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do we have a preference for which of us takes over as GM first? What if we created rules for a GM-less dungeon? Or maybe one with several levels each designed by one of us using only the 12x12 tiles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on an adventure right now that I could run with a little work. I'd love to have access to the cavern/dungeon floorplan templates to set everything up with.

    ReplyDelete