Saturday, November 15, 2014

Finally

Two packages arrived on Friday containing the bulk of my miniatures order.  I do still have some more coming, but I certainly have more than plenty to get started.   I even got my Sprue Nipper, and it's totally not a wire-cutter.  It has all kinds of special sprue nipping features.


These are the Moorish light cavalry which I will be using for the bulk of my Turkish units.   I think I have more figures than I'll need, and may have just gone way over board. I really need to test out the game mechanics some more before I mount any of these guys on bases,  I'd like to mount them in this scheme:

Turkish Horse Archers:  2 per stand
Turkish Lancers:  3 per stand
Mounted Knights:  4 per stand
Most Infantry:  6 per stand (although 7 or 8 might look better)

I need to test, because the number of figures per stand determines the number of attack rolls a stand gets (each stand can take 12 "hit points" of damage, which is recorded on a unit card). 

I need to test whether the horse archers means of shooting and running is going to be effective enough to make having only 2 per stand.

2 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that when you mentioned Moors, I immediately wanted to call name them Dudley, Roger, and Mandy, and say they were led by Ah-Choo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think I should have said MOOPS

    ReplyDelete