Monday, November 24, 2014

Productive Weekend Product Review

I did get around to assembling and priming a box of Muslim cavalry (12 figures).  I do have a few product notes:


Sprue Nippers:  a most excellent purchase that made getting the guys out of the frames a breeze.


Locktite Plastic-to-Plastic Glue:  one of the problems with soft plastic minis is getting a good bond when assembling,  hard plastic is easy, just use model glue, but that doesn't work on the soft polyetheline plastics.   I was directed to this Locktite product, which has the felt-tip pen that you treat both surfaces with before using superglue.   I tested it out by gluing the Muslims to their horses and after a while I picked them up by the heads and they remained mounted, so I'm guessing it works.


I asked around about gluing the dudes to the wooden stands I'm using and was told that Elmer's is the way to go, so I'll try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment