Thursday, January 29, 2015

I am a success at life

Back on November 7th, I put forth my plan concerning the Crusades "Battle of Dorylaeum" project:


"My plan is to start working up the rules now, while the figures slowly start to trickle in.  And then start painting and basing figures from now through New Years.   Hopefully, I can get the project more or less finished by January sometime.   I'd like to run the battle a few times at home for play test purposes, and then finally haul it into school and run it as an afterschool event after mid-term exams are done.   If it goes well, I might even do it twice."


As of last night, I have accomplished all my goals.   I finished the armies by about New Year's.  I ran a game at home to test the rules.   And last night I played it at school with some school kids.   And I had one more unexpected victory, the whole thing fits into the box I bought for it.   I made up a fast-play version of the rules for school, and it did speed things up a bit, we got 4 whole turns in in 2 hours, instead of 2, and we got a pretty good game out of it.   It did turn out to be a tie, with each team scoring 5 points (2 for each kill, 1 for each stand fleeing off the board).  A good time was had by all.


It's nice to plan something and completely execute it, on time and to a satisfactory conclusion.   I may run the game again at home sometime, and maybe again at school, but that is all just gravy at this point.


Winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment