Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Setting Ideas

Campaigns need settings.   I don't really want to do anything else with Krondor, the loss of wiki kind of killed it for me.  


I don't really want to dive deep into lore for a setting, I've done that so many times, and it really rarely pays out.  I jut want a setting that serves the adventure sessions.




Idea 1:  I do have the amazing Greyhawk map.   Just use that as the campaign map, historical timeline and the short descriptions of the countries, and that's it.  Just use any gods, factions, etc. that are desired on the fly.


Idea 2:  Gatavia 4?  Probably not.


Idea 3:  I made a sketch map of the coastal Duchy of Thranconia, with a wild, inland valley beyond.  Through a bunch of towns, castles and 2 cities, linked by some roads.  There's a list of gods from OD&D Gods, Demi-gods and heroes, chosen at whim from various mythologies.  Starting to place various old Judges' Guild and BD&D adventures on it.


Idea 4:  Judges Guild--City State of World Emperor, lots of overland maps with encounter sites, fully fleshed out city.  Worked well for Wilderlands of Hack campaign.  Religions/gods a little weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment