Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A competitive campaign

 Although I don't see the current ACKS game ending in the near future, I am thinking about what is next.   I thought it might be fun to divide the players into 2 opposing teams and have them work at cross purposes.


The wrangling and resource management would be handled like a board game between sessions with the referee choosing the best confrontation to work up as the game for the session.


It could be another medieval sort of game, or a sci-fi or even a gangster or pulp-era game.


Whatever we do, I think I'd like to have less huge magic effects and a flatter power curve over all in the next game.   Maybe even a little less than Savage Worlds.

6 comments:

  1. how about savage worlds with none of the special powers ability ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a problem with the armor and exploding damage as the game progresses that I'd like to avoid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to do a Starfire Empires campaign. Each player would play the role of an entire space-faring race.

    I could plot the universe on a webpage and we could submit orders online.

    When there is a conflict, there is a ship to ship boardgame that resolves that in a star system.

    http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2892/starfire-iii-empires

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there are going to be teams, there should be one or more "traitorous" or mercenary factions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If there are going to be teams, there should be one or more "traitorous" or mercenary factions.

    ReplyDelete