Thursday, February 18, 2016

Reactions

I have been poking around with a bunch of stuff--fleshing out the rest of the magic item creation rules, making an alchemist NPC class (like the Lackey only going to level 6)  and so forth.   No one seems to care about that stuff right now, since the characters have barely got pork chop money.


What I did remember that came up in play is NPC reactions.   The table in the RC (essentially the same as the ones we used in ACKS) are just too fiddly and vague.   I need to come up with something that can give a clearer answer, without so many undefined "roll again" results.


We need something direct for hiring people.   We need something direct for negotiating with neutral and hostile enemies.   I mean you shouldn't be using the same result table for getting some orcs to hand over a dingus without a fight and getting a bored guard to let you pass.


I'm also wondering whether I should issue a new Update with new information, or should I edit all the rules mods together into a single document that is corrected and collated.

No comments:

Post a Comment