Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Dippening

I went to bed dissatisfied last night.  I decided to experiment with The Miracle Dip method again.  I had tried it years ago, but found it not worth the extra effort.  But, I had recently got better technique instructions.  I tried the process on my cheap gangsters and barroom brawlers. It was pretty good.  So I tried my Asians.  The Japanese soldiers took to the process like a pig takes to garbage.  I decided I was all in.  I dipped all my Riflemen and ww1 soldiers, 1 cultist, 1 hero, 1 dame, 1 reporter (all for tests) and then my bad commandos and then my cops and government agents (about 100 guys total).

The dip makes none of them worse, most of them better and a great many of them much better.  The only downside is it dirtiest up white clothes.  The army troops especially look great.

Synopsis:  thoroughly mix a can of Minwax Polyshades (polyurethane with some dark colored stain) brush it on (don't actually dip) brush off any pools.  Let sit for 24 hours, spray with dullcoat (I am waiting now).  Throw brush away.

P.S.  I dipped the rest of my pulp figures after lunch, no use messing up the place twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment