Monday, July 16, 2012

One thing I love about Traveller

One of the most interesting and fun things for me as a GM about Traveller is the UPP--universal planetary profile.  Each planet is described by a series of 8 numbers/letters.   It makes it very easy and fun to create a new world description instantly when the crew arrives.    I particularly enjoyed Garrincski and Notoko this past week.  The system also make for a different environment for planned adventures, that can be used for a framework or skeleton for adventure details, without running into the Chekov's gun situation where you are compelled to only give details that are plot driven.

3 comments:

  1. Doc Spurlock likes Notoko. The benevalent dictator has style, the busses run on time, and he's good at dealing with difficult underlings. He's almost tempted to retire there at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Till he STABS someone in the back for a suitcase fulla $$$! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I buy Checkov's gun on the black market? I promise not to shoot anyone with it until everyone has seen it hanging on my wall.

    ReplyDelete