Sunday, July 8, 2012

Son of a Diddly

I had a complete hard drive crash Saturday Night.   I'm really kicking myself for not backing up my documents last month,  I mean I did it for my work computer, but blew off my home computer.  Luckily, I had all my documents up to 3 years ago on CD's, and all the Traveller stuff for the last few months was on my flash drive.

What surprised me most was that I did indeed have all my old Traveller files on CD.  I thought I had lost them all 3 years ago when my last computer died.  So, I did find the Traytor's Raiders logs.

I guess the only thing I'm really missing are some of the Badlands info.  Much of it is still there on our wiki.  If there's anything from March of 09 until the start of the Badlands, that might be gone, but that shouldn't be too much.  Should it?

5 comments:

  1. Why don't we synch up and combine our archives? I can most assuredly provide you with anything emailed to me in the past 5 years. Together we'll put together an archive disk we could perhaps share with all of the Hacklords.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can lend you a laptop computer if you need one temporarily. Please tell me before Friday if you would like anything printed, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you still have the drive, I might have some equipment around to try and retrieve data from it. Gonna take a while to find what I need though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a new laptop on Sunday and am all set up and ready to go.

    I really didn't loose too much in the disaster. Just most of the Return of the Trolls material (which I do have in Hard Copy) and the Slipstream Logs. The Badlands material was all posted on the wiki, so I can retrieve it from there. We may have lost some photographs, but it's not as if we ever look at them anyway.

    So, Andrew if you have any of the Return of the Trolls stuff, I'd like those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sent you the logs for Gatavia - Return of the Trolls. Check your email.

    ReplyDelete