Saturday, January 22, 2011

Movies

I watched 2 movies on TV recently, both of which are not exactly recent, but not exactly ancient:

The DaVinci Code:  I had read the book when it came out, and thought, to quote the emperor (Dom Deluise) in "History of the World, part 1"  "Nice, nice, not thrilling, but nice."   The movie was pretty much just like the book, and it does prove that you can make a book into a movie without doing violence to the story.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull:  I had avoided watching this because everyone said it was so bad.  Actually, I didn't think that it was any stupider than any of the other Indiana Jones movies (putting aside surviving a nuclear bomb test by hiding in a refrigirator).  So, not as bad as I expected, nothing to write home about (although apparently something to write about from home).

No comments:

Post a Comment