Thursday, July 30, 2015

Traveller NPC cards

I decided to make a deck of NPC's for Traveller awhile.   I already have plenty of employee/henchmen cards, but thought that Andrew's scheme of having the pictures of NPC's would be particularly useful for Traveller.   In fact, since a Traveller character stat block is very simple, just a list of ability scores, in a quick format, and a list of skills, I could get the entire stat block onto the picture card.   I started by making 1 for each of the 36 types of "patrons" listed on the patron encounter chart.

Actually, I think that the picture cards will be even more useful for Traveller than they are for ACKS, since at high level, most NPC's are largely irrelevant to the players, while in Traveller they are constantly important.   One of the things I like about Traveller is the fact that the PC's are really any different than the NPC's around them, and there isn't a huge difference between a character's innate power in the first session and the last.

Here are two examples:

#1 Gleep-Glorp the Spanky, doing research for groin called shots:




Here's #2:  Rutherford St. Cool, galactic playboy


5 comments:

  1. That's it.

    I officially dub my Kindle Fire's camera to be total crap. All these pictures lately have turned out as complete poo. I need to use something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own no less that three digital cameras that I'm not using. If you can provide the memory chip and batteries one may be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I approve this idea of pictured NPCs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a camera or two in the house, I should give the newer one a try

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have an excellent digital camera floating around my house somewhere
    your welcome to come around and look for it
    infact ive been wondering where it is for the last few months please come around and look for it

    ReplyDelete