Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Cruelty of the Young

I was thinking about the early days of my gaming life.  I was around 16 or 17, and we were playing a game of Third Reich in the old basement.   The guy who was playing France rolled over and surrendered to Germany almsot immediately (just like in real life), he continued playing as the Vichy puppet government in the south of France (just like in real life).  The allied players were furious with him, and started calling him Vichy Sous for the rest of the game.

But it wasn't just for the rest of the game, it was, well, effectively forever.   We called the kid "Viche" for the remainder of the existance of the high school game group.   I imagine some of the group don't remember his actual name to this day, and just remember him as "Viche".

Well, there you go.

2 comments:

  1. To be 100% fair, the kid was a douche, and his older brother beat me up once, so I never felt bad about it, really.

    ReplyDelete