Thursday, October 13, 2011

New Henchmen ideas

I've been thinking about making a few unique henchmen for the henchmen deck.   More like Earl of the Mountains, that would throw some more spice into the mix.

One example is "Mighty Stan, the Wheelbarrow Man" who's schtick is he has a decent strength, and a reasonably large pile of hit points (say 20 or so) but all he wants to do is push around a wheelbarrow full of gear in dangerous dungeons for money.

I've noticed that the Alchemists never seem to go over when they pop up in the deck.  No one seems to want to set up the lab and have the follow through to collect potions for analysis and recipes.

6 comments:

  1. Setting up the lab is expensive. My dwarf is trying to set up a forge to make stuff, and it's roughly 3000gp just for the lab stuff, let alone anything else involved.

    Earl was a nifty little NPC from an old D&D adventure I've had forever. I've actually got a couple more that are of a similar nifty type, but I never got around to using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to get a vinter or brewmaster to start making booze in Boscovania. IN retrospect an Alchemist would be more useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe we should have a rat-collector with a bunch of trained rats

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know that we've been giving out many potion recipes as treasure, either. Septimus was collecting them for a bit, but all he ever got was a healing potion recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can also reverse-engineer actual potions to create a recipe for yourself, so you don't actually need to find a recipe to make potions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss that? Now I want to play Septimus again.

    ReplyDelete