Monday, October 27, 2014

Again with the HO plastics

The wife and I went over to Gettysburg for the weekend, and I dragged her into the Gettysburg Toy soldier store.  They did have a lot of stuff, however mostly not my scale or period. 

They had a lot of fully-painted 54mm figures of various periods that were pretty cool, but too expensive to play with.   They had a ton of really, really cheap Civil War plastic army men, for obvious reasons.

The only 25mm metal figures they had were either Napoleonics or Civil War.

What they did have were a ton of 1/72 scale plastic figures, which are just a noticeable step down in size from what I use at the table (approximately 20mm).
The appealing thing about them is that they run about $10 for 50 figures, which is super way better than lead.


I did buy 2 boxes of WW2 guys, who I thought would actually do for Sci-Fi or modern games.   When I got home, I ordered a box of Gangsters and a box of Policemen online in the same scale.  I had been eyeing them since Fall-In last year, and decided to jump on it now.

I'm also looking at various modern and sci-fi lead figs of various types.  I told my wife that if I ever bought another Dark Ages spearman she is to slap me hard.  I don't play with all the Dark Ages, Ancients and Medievals I've already got.  

Now I'm just rambling.    I'll stop.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around December Andrew and I are splitting a bunch of miniatures we got from a kickstarter. One of the ones in there is a nun, holding a gun. I have got to get that painted, to run in some campaign or other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More clowns and apes, Dave. You need more clowns and apes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. only two words ever need to be uttered in a situation like this
    crab people

    ReplyDelete