Sunday, October 12, 2014

Discovering digital comics

Guess what, grandpa, they also have these things called telephones, that let people talk to each other from hundreds of miles away.

I got a Kindle Fire tablet last week, and one of the things I've gotten into are digital comic books.   The killer app for me was the feature from Comixology that allows you to scroll through panel to panel, not page to page.  It makes it much more legible and enjoyable than looking at a PDF or something.

I've enjoyed many free books, and bought some others.  I particularly like the fact that you can get a whole story-line easily without any fuss.   That's one thing that deters me from buying them in hard copy, coming in mid-story and then missing later issues.  It's also awesome that I don't have to store them or chuck them when I'm done.

The only danger is how easy it might be to accidentally spend way to much money on stupid comic books.

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was a way that you could rent comic collections like that. I mean, there's a lot of comics I'd love to read, but I'm not interested in owning most of them.

    ReplyDelete