Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September Project #3 Saloon

I've built and painted my first "Tri-City Laser" Wild West Buildings,  the Saloon.

At first I was only going to paint the facade, but found that the "Board" and "Nail" effects weren't printed on the wood, but rather lasered into them, so you can see them even if painted.   I therefore painted all 4 sides of the building:


The kit makes for a first rate product, but there are a couple of difficulties.  I was afraid I was going to have to sit for hours holding one corner together while the white glue dried, but I found another way to keep it in line.

More seriously, there aren't any instructions or even a decent, clear picture anywhere for reference.   So, the trim is all guess work, but I was completely unable to figure out how to put the Saloon Bar together for the interior.  Not a clue.   I see how the tables should be put together, but they don't fit, so I'm waiting.

Therefore, the roof does come off and miniatures can be placed inside, but as of yet, no furnishings in there.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a box of miniature-sized furniture from a 28mm dollhouse set. It even includes an old-timey stove. I'll see you get them before we play.

    ReplyDelete