Sunday, November 23, 2014

First Box Painted

I've got my first box of miniatures for the Crusades project painted.  40 figures from the Airfix "Robin Hood" box that I bought a year ago from simple nostalgia.  However they have proven perfect for unarmored archers and pilgrims for the Crusades game, so I thought I'd start with them to get a feel for the soft plastic 1/72 scale process.   If you keep it simple (4-5 colors per figure, doing groups of 6 at a time) it is pretty quick and doable.  

I don't know whether I'll base them or start assembling some Turkish cavalry next.   If I get to either tonight, it will have been a most productive weekend, what with the first play test and the first box painted.

I'm actually having hope of getting the project done by mid-January as I had planned, for an immediate post-Mid-Term Exam school activity.

Here's a picture of the first 40 painted (the priest with the cross-staff comes from a HaT industries "El Cid Spanish Command" set, but I want to use him among the pilgrims, so fished him out and painted him with this batch.


No comments:

Post a Comment