Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Bushwhack Canyon: Part 3: Painted

I gave the canyon a light pass with tan spray paint, mostly to cover the whiteness of the spackle.   Then I ran a dark brown paint brush along the canyon walls to simulate rock layers.

I don't think I'll use spackle again.   It came loose just at the part I wanted it to cover up.   It does make the rim of the canyon look more rough and natural, but it was more trouble than it was worth.   From now on, I'm just going to use masking tape to cover nasty corrugation edges.

I probably need to make a couple of add on pieces to represent places to ascend and descend from the top to the regular ground level.

2 comments:

  1. >>I probably need to make a couple of add on pieces to represent places to ascend and descend from the top to the regular ground level.

    Maybe carve some rough stairs out of a chunk of styrene packaging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up gluing some thick cardboard into triangles, gluing them together and taping the edges. I had tons of cardboard, very little Styrofoam to work with.

    ReplyDelete