Thursday, September 16, 2010

FROM THE ADVENTURES OF UNCLE FARGUS IN THE SLIPSTREAM! 1

Toolbox Timmy:  “Golly, Uncle Fargus, tell us about how you destroyed all them spaceships around Simba!”
Fargus:  “Well, just sit back there and let yer old Uncle Fargus tell the story.  We was rushin’ the antidote to Simba, when we seen a huge pile of the queen’s spaceships in the way.  We were flying in the Dog’s Bone, a nice little pirate raider, and were pushin’ our way through the warships alright.  But then we ran into a whole passle of war rockets.”
Toolbox Timmy: “Gosh, that sure sounds scary, War rockets!  Really.”

Fargus: “Yeah, hey! You were there Timmy, why is you actin’ so surprised-like?”
Toolbox Timmy: “Oh, I just like it when you tell it.”
Fargus: “Okay,  I guess.  Well, we were in real danger from them war rockets, so Max Damage flew in close to one, and he, Robot Bastard, Doc and Tweety fly across to seize control of one of them.”
Toolbox Timmy: “Golly, Uncle Fargus, weren’t you scared staying behind all alone on the Dog’s Bone?”
Fargus: “CONSARNIT!  Timmy, you well know that I wasn’t alone, YOU were there with me and so was Pedro the Space Mexican.”
Toolbox Timmy: “Oh yeah.”
Fargus: “Anyway, when a second war rocket closed in on us, I knew I couldn’t out shoot it, so instead I pointed the Dog’s Bone right at the enemy cockpit and rammed it.”
Toolbox Timmy “NO WAY!”
Fargus:  “DANG NABBIT, Stop that Timmy, you was right there!”
Toolbox Timmy:  “Sorry, Uncle Fargus.”
Fargus: “At first, I was fixin’ on using our controls to maneuver the war rocket’s engine, but then came up with a better idéer.  I had you and Pedro jet over to the first war rocket, and I set the great wonkin’ torpedo we had on board to explode.  It went smooth as silk, the Dog’s Bone and the attached war rocket exploded, and I easily glided to safety.”
Toolbox Timmy:  “But, Uncle Fargus, I remember that you were all scorched up.  You looked white as a ghost for at least a half an hour and kept saying you needed to sit down for awhile.”

Fargus: “NOW he remembers!  Timmy, don’t you have a deck to swab?”

1 comment:

  1. You know, this is what makes this campaign (and, honestly, this group) really fantastic. In a more serious system (or setting or group), that would've just been a very metal death for Uncle Fargus. Here, not only was it a fantastically heroic thing to do, it was funny, and what you did there was hysterically appropriate. One of the coolest single booms I've seen somebody ever do, and in my mind right up there with Dengwur smashing Noviodunum in the trolls campaign.

    ReplyDelete