Saturday, April 20, 2013

Some Conversion Poking About

Today I started doing a few conversions of the Badlands AD&D stuff to ACKS.   Changing over the Kingdom of Portchester had some good parts and bad parts.   I had to add a couple of levels of domains.  There are now "Earldoms" between the Kingdom and the Shires, and there are "Hundreds" beneath the shires.

I had to convert the 6-mile hexes over to the 10 miles squares.   It wasn't so bad, the 10 miles squares are actually easier to deal with the demographics, each square has an even 1000 families in it.   I'm sure there are some domain rules that are dependent on the 6-mile hexes, but I haven't run into any yet.  Most things are based on number of families.

The one thing that I haven't even begun to do yet, and that is the Trade Demands for the city.  It seems like a huge pain in the ass, since there are just so many different trade items to go through.  I reckon I'll wait until I have all the "markets" on map set up, so I can do them all at once.

I also converted a few of the henchmen from the deck.  I did all of the scouts and rangers and turned them into Explorers.   I rolled 3d6 six times and assigned them in the same order highest to lowest as the D&D version.  I then added one of the templates from the Player's Companion.  It does create a nice variety of guys.   The only thing that's time consuming is figuring the Encumbrance. 

1 comment:

  1. Since we spent most of our time in the badlands, I'll be curious to see how it turns out.

    I know Stingy Jack's hold will be one smallish domain, but I'll be curious to see if Bastardville turns out to be a domain or an especially large brigand camp.

    ReplyDelete