Friday, November 22, 2013

Lord and Master

All this talk of a remote-play campaign to connect some miniatures battles, jogged some memories in me.   Back in the early 1990's, when I was more or less game-less, I ran a series of play-by-mail games called "Lord and Master" with 4-6 players a piece.   It really was play-by-mail, snail mail that is.   I think people phoned in their moves and I photocopied and colored the map with colored pencils.

I discovered that I had electronic versions of the last of the versions of the game, Lord and Master Triumphant, which ran to at least 17 turns.   I rendered the rule book into a pdf, which is available here:

Lord and Master

4 comments:

  1. holy cow! I would love to know who you played with. How did it end up? Who was the big winner? Do you have a map?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that my brother, Chuck, and Pete were among the players (plus 2-3 other of my college and high school pals). I did most of the games before I had a proper computer, and it involved colored pencils, and schelpping to the post office. Even when I had a computer near the end, I didn't have a modem (who could possibly use one of those?).

    I have hard copies of everything somewhere, in one of those bins. I'll look around for them.

    ReplyDelete