Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Vague idea for rampart and stockade, using what we've learned

Putting together what we learned about Salt Dough and Plaster casting.   A rampart and stockade combo might be a doable thing.

Step one:  make a 6" section of rampart out of salt dough.

Step two:  top the rampart with a stockade, either carved somehow or made from real sticks.

Step three: use aluminum foil to make plaster molds.   Cast pieces.

Repeat for a corner piece and maybe gate section.


Sweet jumping merciful blood-stained gods!

Do I indeed have a real stockade piece?

It's jumping all around my memory.

Calm down.

The piece I remember is actually much shorter than would make a proper rampart.  It might have been for 15mm, and only comes to chest height.

I need to get home and have a look.

Maybe a lie-down too.

1 comment:

  1. One method I've used in the past is Styrofoam base covered with plaster. Lighter and, depending on the method to finish it, more durable and lighter than solid plaster. I think I mentioned that I have a foam cutter which is so much less messy than a knife, and more accurate. We could whip out and stockade quite easily.

    ReplyDelete