Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tooling around with a miniatures campaign

I've been thinking of some ideas for a minitures campaign, using most what I've got.   Some basic ideas would be to run the campaign angle on-line, either like a boardgame, or actually use a boardgame for the structure.   I'd have a quick and dirty resolution system for many of the fights (an Avalon Hill style odds-chart, die roll) but once a month or so I'd pick the most interesting encounter and fight that out on the table top.  

The players of the overall campaign needn't necessarily be the same ones who fought out the battles,

I'm thinking that, now that my wife works evenings, I could have the miniatures game on some weekday evening.  The trouble is, I'd assume that Fridays might work out the best for people, but I couldn't start until 6:30 or 7:00 on Fridays and wouldn't have any set-up time then, since my folks are over for dinner that night every week.

Well, I'll keep thinking.

2 comments:

  1. Friday nights would be the only night for me, but the time isn't a problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not be able to play but I am down for making the play online stuff look and work well.

    ReplyDelete