Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hey Kids, What time is it?---ADVENTURE TIME

I really have to defocus on theory and work on practice.  I need to work on adventures.   The biggest drag (at least during the school year when I've got to work for a living) for me is making up the actual adventure on a deadline.   So, the more adventures I've got ready before the campaign begins, the better.  Of course, during the summer it's not so much of a drag. 

So far, I've 2 complete low-level dungeons complete, and the maps for 3-4 others ready.   I'm plugging through another dungeon (this one has 3 levels).  I've got 3-4 other neat ideas I need to work through (like the mysterious fate of Edric the Meatsack, the death struggle of the kobolds and the savages, the lost hunting lodge of Parsnak, and the haunted townhouse of Dengwur), and there are numerous places on the map that scream out for full fleshing (the Grand Temple of 1000 Demons, the Warlock Keep and Milton's Massacre Men for example). 

I've got to rip off another band-aid and just finalize the rules, close to what I have sketched out in my notes, and just focus on adventures and the various direct game support materials.

I've found this site which can pre-generate a dungeon for you (although the monsters so far as I can see are all 1st level Basic D&D variety).  It's partially cool and would do in a pinch, but some aspects of it a pretty lame:  http://www.dizzydragon.net/adventuregenerator/gen

No comments:

Post a Comment