Monday, October 11, 2010

Miniatures Painting Update

Since I completed all the miniatures I had bought, I have finally gotten around to the box that Pete gave me when he moved back to Texas.  It had a pile of old Grenedier AD&D miniatures from the early 80"s and a selection of "Chainmail" miniatures from the early '00s.  I decided I wasn't going to feel obligation to anything, but only paint what I really wanted to.

I went through and got rid of anything that was broken.  I also got rid of anything that needed to be assembled.  Gluing stuff together is my least favorite part of the process.  It shook out that I kept most of the Grenediers and chucked most of the Chainmails.  

This weekend I painted about 30 of the Grenediers, mostly wizards, adventurers and a few human-sized monsters.   It turns out that I already had copies of 3/4 of these minis, but they are among my favorite figures so I really dug painting them.  One paticular find was a pair of bandits with swords, I have 6 of them already and I have gotten piles and piles of use out of these 6 and getting 2 more was simply awesome (I think I even used one of these for my character Bloody Turpin in the Conan campaign).

I've got another 12 wizards and dwarves to go, then a small bag of bigger monsters, and a pile of skeletons and undead.  I should have all of them done within a month. 

After these are done, the last 3 to go are some special "Gods" miniatures:  Loki, Helen of Troy and Blackbeard the Pirate.   I got these three for free when I ordered something else at some point.  They'd be useful if they weren't almost 1 and a half times the size of my other miniatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment