Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Board Game Re-cap

Our Sunday session was Jason, Bob, Chuck and I.   We played 2 games of "Betrayal on Haunted Hill"  where we explored a haunted house until one of us turned traitor and spooky stuff happened.   In the first game, Jason turned traitor, knifed Chuck to death and sent firebats against me.  But, Bob finished the exorcism ritual and he and I survived.   The second game, Jason turned traitor AGAIN, shrunk us down to mouse size and unleashed his cat against us.   The cat ate Bob, Chuck and me and so Jason won the game.

After dinner we played a card-game called Gloom, wherein you had to make your "family" miserable and then kill them off, while trying to cheer up the families of the other players.  Chuck won that game, I seem to remember.

Finally, we played an awesome game of Robo-Rally.  We raced our robots around a factory floor blasting each other with industrial lasers.  Bob finally won that game, although I was doing pretty well near the end. 

All in all, good Halloween action.

8 comments:

  1. Seriously, I loved that Betrayal on Haunted Hill game. I don't think I shouted enough insane crap during the game, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was real happy with the gaming action. Definitely prefered Betrayal and Robo Rally to Gloom. I really liked th mass chaos in Robo rally with a group of people. I think I've only played with 2 or 3 before..imagine a full field of 8 robot! Madness! I think Betrayal may go better with another 1 or two players also. The 2nd game was tough with the Haunt appearing so early, and no one with any gear.
    Maybe a once a month board game night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's funny is, I actually considered just to start attacking you guys in the second game before the haunt even started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, that's because you are a traitorous bastard, with a black lump where honesty, loyalty and decency should be in your soul. First Tom Servo, then 2 Haunted Hill traitors, and then you even won "Loki the Traitor" miniature as a prize. I'm never turning my back on you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could actually do a board game night once a month or so. It would have to be after dinner on a weeknight (but not Wednesday).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be down for a monthly board game night, on a day outside our normal games.

    Hey, I like kicking kittens and popping childrens balloons as much as the next guy. I would never, ever...admit to being evil until maybe moments after I performed an evil act (veal is yummy).

    ReplyDelete
  7. UNless my work schedule changes soon, I will still be on 2nd shift weeknights. Even if it does change, I'll still be working till 7:30-8pm. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, maybe we can talk it out in person when we're all, or mostly all, together.

    ReplyDelete