Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fully Revealed Map, revisited

I took some time today to make a full-scale map of the 2nd level of the cathedral crypt for Sunday.  I debated as to whether to include the secret doors/secret rooms, but finally decided just to put them on.   I added a few locked doors too.   I'm looking forward to trying the dungeon with a revealed map.  I'm suspecting that it should speed up play and get the flow going faster.

I think that with our method of putting out the tiles, we might as well see the whole map.   No one in the group maps any more, and we generally don't have enough empty areas to risk getting lost or disoriented.

I know I like to have between 20 and 30 rooms on a "level" of dungeon, and to have about 1/2 having monsters in them, the other half tricks, treasures or red-herring dressings.   But, the other guys go for about a dozen rooms with monsters in all of them (more or less).

No comments:

Post a Comment