Wednesday, July 13, 2011

No plot session

Once we get through the Cathedral Dungeon, I think we should think about having a no-plot session.   Meaning, we would come into the session with no DM inspired plot at all.  Each player has to decide what he wants to do for himself.   We could have 1-2 guys exploring the wilderness, others doing business in town, others searching for buried treasure.   We have enough tools to handle all this stuff on the fly, and can lead to a lot of interesting campaign development.

I realize now why I remember doing so much of that "in the old days" but not so much now.  It's really a matter of time.  In high school I could play several times a week, in college I could play for a very long time during the weekend and maybe once more during the week.  Now, with the every other week schedule, it just seems prudent to get on to a capital A adventure.

I'd kind of like to see an ebb and flow, of like 2-3 DM-driven games, then 1 PC driven game, where we could expect to have some "time of our own" at an interval.

No comments:

Post a Comment