Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mapping Scheme

My current thought for a dungeon scheme is to make 12"x12" squares and draw dungeon sections on them.  They could be specifically designed for the adventure, and/or made geomorphically and reused in different circumstances.

I'm thinking right now about drawing the dungeon on the big 1" square grid paper, cutting it into 12 by 12 pieces and gluing the pieces onto some kind of backing.   Cutiing out cardboard would be the least expensive, but I don't know if I want to be cutting out huge numbers of cardboard squares.   These 1 foot cork shelf-liner squares from Lowe's might do the trick ($9 for 4 squares is a little steep, so I'll keep looking)

QUARTET 1-ft x 12-in Natural Cork Shelf Liner

12x12 floor tiles are actually about the same price, and actually a little cheaper.  The problem is weight and storage.  Our current 2x2 tile system is cool, but the tiles are heavy and bulky.  Big tile squares I think would get prohibitively heavy. 

I suppose I could just look for pre-cut 12" cardboard squares.  That shouldn't be impossible, should it?

No comments:

Post a Comment