Friday, May 10, 2013

Random Dungeon Near Completion

The random dungeon rooms and other keyed encounters are all filled in and complete.   I need to make up a wandering monster table and the stats for a dozen or so human or demi-human NPC's.   Finally, I need to make a list of adventure hooks.   I suppose I need to pick a location first and then work from there.  Actually, there are some neat possibilities for adventure hooks that will have the PC's go deep into the level.

I did like the method they suggested for stocking the dungeon:  you randomize the "What" all at once first, then decide on all the "Where".  That made it easier to make the whole thing hang together.    I'm used to either crafting both the Where and What, or randomizing the Where and What, but randomizing the What and placing the Where makes a lot of sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment