Friday, June 7, 2013

Old Logs

I spent a good part of yesterday morning reading through the logs from the Badlands campaign.   I had forgotten so much, like when Nigel used Audible Glamour to play "The Girl from Ipenema" to mask the sound of hideous screaming when the hobgoblins were "unshrunk" inside a very small shed.

I also had forgotten that I was using the Hackmaster monster books to come up with interesting monsters in several of the adventures.   Those volumes do have some really useful stuff in them:  the undead skeletal Tyrannosaurus Rex, for one, all sorts of useful undead creatures in general, and things like Prancing Pigdawgs and carnivorous sheep to help out Orcs.

Intra-party violence was pretty wide-spread too.  But, that was almost completely Marlon's fault.  Not that I'm opposed to it by any stretch of the imagination:  other players can be the most interesting enemies.

So, as far as I'm concerned:

Eat the pennies, Quizboy.  

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the shrunken party caper. I'm particularly proud of the gruesome stuff I came up with to describe the action as everything returned to normal size.

    ReplyDelete