Friday, January 15, 2016

Wrestling with the Mycretians

One unique feature of City State of the World Emperor are the Mycretians.   These guys are a religion and a class.   The religion is Lawful Good, and the Mycretians go around helping people and trying to be nice to everyone.   They are sort of the key opponents of the Emperor.


However, the class is quite strange.  It has all these strange powers, most to do with calming people down, seeing their auras, and so forth.  They are more or less pacifistic and don't wear armor or carry weapons beyond a staff.  However, they have one big power, an anti-magic aura of protection which has about a 50/50 chance (adjusted for level) of stopping magic attacks.


I definitely don't want PC's to be Mycretians, and I don't really see any of our PC's WANTING to be Mycretians.   What I am wondering is whether to use the Mycretian class for Mycretian NPC's or radically adapt it to be more like a cleric.   The religion definitely needs to be in game, but the class is super freaky, and I just can't seem to get my head wrapped around it yet.


I guess I'll just side-step Mycretians the first week and figure it out before week 2.  But, it is a source of puzzlement to me.

2 comments:

  1. Poorly armed and armored group without something major backing them up is asking for trouble. Our spells don't work? An axe to the face will.

    Make them mystics, AND give them the anti-magic protection. Mystic can always beat people unconscious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say make them a monster like you did with the Old Ones in Baldgarth. They can't be PCs anyway, and that way you can make a half-dozen or so sets of stats and just be done with it.

    ReplyDelete